Monday, October 26, 2015

friends not food


Remember the precious trio of pigs at Wenngarn castle I met when we picked sunflowers a while ago?

Today we rekindled. They had a new, smaller pen, but unlike the other, in the sun. I guess they have an indoor dwelling during the colder time of the year.

I really do hope with every fibre of my body that they get pampered and live to an old age. But I have serious doubts. They are probably seen as things to entertain the visiting kids during the summer months and when winter comes they're only seen as food. 


It breaks my heart how anyone on two legs can consider it acceptable to eat these sentient, smart, funny, precious beings. 


We fed them apples which they loved. Adorable and excited behaviour very similar to a dog (so much like Little Loaf). 


Friends always. Food never.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...