Sunday, April 05, 2015

let the right one in


When I passed one of my favourite yarn shops yesterday I noticed its furry helper came running down the street very excited, clearly looking forward to being let in to his shop. And his demenaour when he wasn't - since the shop was closed over Easter - was absolutely heartbreaking.

Firstly I find it appaling that you let your cat roam the streets in a city/smalltown with frequent traffic. I would never ever let a fourlegged family member do that. There are so many dangers lurking and I would be heartbroken if anything happened to a beloved pet because of that.

I wish we lived in a safer world, alas we don't.

Secondly, from what I've heard from the yarn shop lady and I believe what she says, the cat named Felix isn't very well cared for by his owner. So he is a frequent guest for cuddles, sleeps and snacks at the yarn shop, from someone who does care but isn't his owner.

The scene with the galloping kitty looking forward to his usual visit and being so disappointed was really dispiriting. So many indifferent people calling themselves pet owners that shouldn't be allowed to share their lifes with precious animals.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...