Tuesday, July 22, 2014

close encounter of the red velvet cupcake kind

krakow

One of these days I'm going to blog about my three favourite places to eat in Krakow, now is not the day. Instead I'm going to share the simple fact that I had my first red velvet cupcake in Krakow. And it was lovely.

I'm not a fan of cupcakes, I do not appreciate the overly sweet frosting or topping, but I prefer a robust muffin with fruit/nuts. Thus I very rarely have cupcakes. But the concept of a red velvet cupcake has always sounded legendary, luxurious, delicious and irresistable - but difficult to come by in Stockholm.

Who'd knew I'd stumble over one in Krakow of all places. Can't say that the cafe/bakery itself, Cupcake Corner Bakery, was very charming to sit down for a sugar dose in. But the cupcakes - thank goodness for reasonable sized ones and not supersized! - were adorable and very tasty (as far as cupcakes go). If they had had soy milk for latte I'm sure the red velvet experience would have been even nicer. For me. The bobbaloo thoroughly enjoyed the overall experience in every detail. It's not every day you have a close encounter with a perfect bobbaloo sized cupcake of the red velvet kind.

Where do you stand when it comes to cupcakes?
Love or hate? Why or why not?
If love, which is your favourite?

And what do you think of the red velvet?

1 comment:

CrimsonAnna said...

I find cupcakes a bit overrated. They're cute and really adds a bit of party feeling when you look at them, but tastewise...naaah. I have yet to try the miniature-sized ones at Cupcake Sthlm though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...