Thursday, June 19, 2014

what have you done today to make you feel proud?

blue eye

Yes it's an old-ish tune, but it's only recently I've really listened to it. And that refrain is really powerful in its simplicity. What have you done today to make you feel proud?

What if we thought about that every day, or better of course, what if we actually did something every day, however small, that we felt proud about? It's a bit like the dare to compliment thing, start small and work towards bigger things that will make a real impact.

I've also come to the conclusion, that on those days I may not have made an impact on or a difference for someone or on the world (most of us probably don't alas) I can at least be proud over a picture I've taken. Today this was the below picture my proud thing.

Red hair, blue eye and a black teacup. And, without realising it until afterwards, some really neat reflections of Stockholm on a cloudy day (and my iPhone snapping) in the teacup.

Some days that type of pride is enough. Saving up for real impact on other days.

Listen to Heather Small - Proud
(though I prefer the above music video, shot in beautiful Cape Town)


blue eye

1 comment:

Poppy Q said...

Nothing earth shattering, but I was going to spend some money on myself, but put the items back so I can send my niece some money for her birthday and sneak some money into my savings account.

I also met up with a friend I haven't seen in 8 months.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Julie Q

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...