Wednesday, June 18, 2014

the trials and tribulations of a ceo

the trials and tribulations of a ceo
The usual type of board-meeting at Prosit, the focus is rather low amongst the attendees

I'm well aware that the way my boss (ie me) runs her company probably isn't significant for the general ceo. But I still believe that the trials and tribulations she (I) experiences on a daily basis with unruly employees, board-meetings with slackers, too many agendas and too little focus on important matters, master suppression techniques and skirmishes between colleagues are much the same no matter size of company.

Behold some of the dealings my boss (I) has dealt with this week. Only so far -

the trials and tribulations of a ceo
Look, the sun is out, I need to soak up some vitamin D,
can we postpone the meeting to a time with grey skies?


the trials and tribulations of a ceo

Having board-meetings with alternate members doesn't improve the standard of meeting, they enter, they crash. And not even the regular members manage to wake them.

the trials and tribulations of a ceo

the trials and tribulations of a ceo
Look, there's a lawn and it makes me feel like dancing,
let's have the meeting another day, okey?


the trials and tribulations of a ceo

There's nothing quite like the ones mastering the suppression techniques...

the trials and tribulations of a ceo
I'm in a tricky situation right now,
I'll call you back when I get down, alright?


the trials and tribulations of a ceo
It's been an awfully tiresome day, is it okey if I leave a couple of hours early?
Promise you'll have the impawtant stuff on your desk first thing in the morning.


I'm thinking I need to surround myself with focused, passionate about the work, more competent advisors and board-members. Well, at least they should be awake when at work. I don't think that's to much to ask for.

Just not sure were to begin. Do you have any advice?

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

But would they be as good luooking as your current board members? And as supportive when you are having a bad day? And would you, could you, love them as much?
I vote for keeping the current personnel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...