Tuesday, March 19, 2013

forbrydelsen

pia k stockholm

I adore Danish television-series, and obviously many movies too, I'm always amazed at how multilayered, emotional, intelligent, intriguing, stylish (well, not too surprised about that bit I guess) and overall fantastic they are. (And yes, I know, I've seen some really lousy Danish series/movies too, but I so prefer to dwell on the really good ones.)

We're now fully enjoying the third season of the stunning "Forbrydelsen" (The Crime/Brottet in Swedish) - nb, should not be mistaken for the crappy, poor Swedish and American imitations of the same - here, with its usual mesmerizing soundtrack that draws you right into the story.

If you haven't seen this series, do asap. Top quality, great actors, chilling stories, fabulous settings, clever TV. Season one - Season two

Other Danish television series not to be missed are;

Borgen - about the life of a female Danish prime minister

Livvagterne - (The Bodyguards), about the Danish national police branch involved in personal protection

Örnen - (The Eagle) about a Danish task force helping to solve internation crimes

Nikolaj & Julie - a romantic drama from 2002-03

Lykke - a comedy about the public relations at a pharmaceutical company, much more entertaining that it sounds

My perfect Sunday evenings right now are spent like above, 9 pm, in front of the TV, a cup of tea and a knitting watching "Forbrydelsen III".

What's your perfect TV evening these days?

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

My perfect evening with the TV, has it turned off. Books are my drug of choice.

pärlbesatt said...

A Downton abbey marathon would be my choice. Too cute on Animal planet is nice too, lots of kittens!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...