Wednesday, October 19, 2011

scarves ~ one finished, one in progress

047

Sock knitting season hasn't quite begun yet and I'm trying to take it easy with the crocheting - to not work that apparently now sensitive thumb grip too much... - but I finally put the last details to one scarf (which still needs to be stretched properly) I begun knitting last summer. Tie-dyed cotton yarn in fab subdued apricot-beige hues.

And for some reason the Scandinavian bobbaloo settlement always have some eager colour matching beings up for photo posing, no matter colour of yarn. Not quite decided if that's a good or bad thing. Or simply a natural side-effect of yarn and bobbaloo addiction fondness.

016

The work in progress is my first attempt at the ripple pattern. I don't know what took me so long, it's so easy and make for such a lovely result in any project, big or small. This is of course also a scarf - yes, I am guilty to an addiction fondness for scarves too. Apart from shoes and handbags, the perfect scarf will lift any outfit, possibly even any day - nearly done, some essential details and finishing touches, then it's ready for spring wearing 2012. Pretty in pink, mint-green and violet cotton.

Now what yarn project to begin next...

How's your yarn projects for autumn coming along? Anything finished yet? For yourself or others?

038

5 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Aggh, I'm having a guilt attack because I've started something for my mom for Christmas and if I would just settle down and get to it, I could finish it. But I seem to find other things to do each evening, after work. Maybe I ought to send the project to you and you could finish it. LOL.

Growing Up Gramma said...

I keep telling myself I want to learn, I bought some yarn and a crochet hook, but it is still sitting, waiting to be used. One day I will, but I need to finish a cross stitch for my daughter's wedding first. I wish I had your talent, and I hope your thumb is better soon!

Elephant's Child said...

Truly beautiful. And I am with Becky, I want to learn. Someday.....

josie crafter @ Homemade and Happy said...

Gorgeous colours, Pia - just beautiful. I've never tried to 'ripple' - well, I admit I'm pretty pants at crochet and keep hoping that one of my crochet expert friends/family will give me some intensive tuition to sort out my crochet incompetence!
I hope you're well and dandy. I just spied those amazing spotty glasses of yours on a different post - I love them!
Happy days to you,
xx

pärlbesatt said...

Fina, såväl halsdukarna som knytten... Tänkte på dig när jag läste om den svenska stickdesignern som blivit Big in Japan... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...