Saturday, May 21, 2011

the pippi sweater

197

Apart from the living in a fabulous, large, quirky wooden turret house, having enough money to do as you please, your pretty much best friends being a horse and a monkey I was never really that much of a fan of Pippi Långstrump (Longstocking). I felt she did have too many unpleasant, annoying features and nope, she may have been entertaining in small portions but a favourite character of Astrid Lindgren's she was/is not -  my favourite Lindgren books are still "Bröderna Lejonhjärta"/The Brothers Lionheart and "Mio min Mio"/Mio my Mio

But Pippi had one thing, that money can buy, that I have been coveting more and more over the years, a classic Swedish fisherman's sweater. For some odd reason, when I decided to look actively for one, it was seemingly impossible to find one of good quality in Stockholm shops.

Needless to say I was kind of thrilled when I stumbled over one - in a nice updated, feminine tunic model, when on Åland today. I would never wear it as a dress, far too short for that, but it'll look cute with shorts, white trousers (slim jeans for those who wear such) or a simple skirt underneath. More summery than wintry in style, perfect for chilly evenings and rainy days. Now it would be nice if this summer wasn't as ridiculously hot as the previous last ones...

From Swedish design company Jumperfabriken (Sweater Factory).

194

The reasons for me not knitting one myself instead, are that I've never been satisfied with the end result of my knitted-in-thinner-yarn-sweaters, the yarn cost and the time it would have taken to finish it ~ well, it would have been years until, if ever, I would have been able to actually wear it...

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Snap again. Pippi was irritating. But I love the jumper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...