Friday, October 01, 2010

world vegetarian day

record sleeve

Oh, I think it's quite befitting that October 1st, the very first day of MY month, begins with World Vegetarian Day!

I hope that you have/are/will celebrated this fine day with great vegetarian/vegan meals, and give all those countless animals who suffer and die in the meat and food industry and elsewhere for humankind's selfish pleasures some extra thoughts today.

On a day like this I feel my favourite quote is more significant than ever -

~ The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated
~ Mahatma Gandhi

I can do better, you can do better, we can all be part of the solution...


********


On a lighter note, October 1st, 2010 also marks the 60 years jubilee of the Stockholm underground - which also happens to be home to the world's longest art exhibition - and yes I did travel a bit with it today. In order to get to another favourite place for food and have one of those wee-luxuary-lunches. Truly lovely as ever it was.

gamla enskede bageri

And with that,
I wish all well-deserving,
kind souls a fine weekend ~

2 comments:

Richard Lawry said...

I'm a vegetarian, and didn't realize that today was World Vegetarian Day. There are very few vegetarians in this area.

An Arkies Musings

Pia K said...

i'm so pleased you're a vegetarian, richies! i haven't heard about vegetarian day either until these past few years, they should make more of it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...