Wednesday, May 20, 2009

weeder wanted

IMG_8864

Clearly the dandelions thrive this season, in my garden and elsewhere. As impressively resilient as they are they also threaten to overpower the diversity in my flower beds. The brits and one woofie couldn't care less, a bit of lazying in the sun, dash of crazy run, chasing insects, eat grass, throw up, we're perfectly happy - talented weeder desperately wanted.

I really, really do not like weeding myself, not only because I clearly lack ability to distinguish flowers from weed - and who's to say one thing is more worthy of a place in the flower bed than the other? - but also because Sisyphean challenges are very less than my favourite way to spend time.

In awaiting for the perfect little helper - and help has been promised but for various reasons the promise hasn't been fulfilled yet, upcoming weekend shows promise for fulfillment though, touch weed, green fingers crossed - I can at least rejoice over the fact that there is still some diversity present in the garden of mine, behold the lilacs, dandelions, tulips and honeysuckle ~

IMG_8866

4 comments:

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Dandelions are the bane of my lawn! They really take over...

Still, they're great (well, the leaves and stems, anyway) in salads. Have you tried?

Anonymous said...

I like the dandelions. ;-)

Paz

Poppy Q said...

Your garden looks sweet pia. I like then natural look of it, and the dandelions add colour.

Enjoy your garden and your spring sunshine, don't stress!!

Pia K said...

No I haven't tried that, yet, AFoS, I know you mentioned that salad/soup thing with dandelions last year when I had a bit of a grump about them (not much has changed...). Haven't found any decent recipes, perhaps you have some nice suggestions...?

Yes, I do too, Paz, in fields though perhaps not as much in MY garden...:)

Thanks, Poppy Q, your right of course, enjoy the fact that one has a garden, that it's both green and colourful. It would be sad if it wasn't...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...