Friday, December 12, 2008

The Stockholm Globe Arena

IMG_0152

This is the Globe arena in Stockholm, an indoor arena that hosts different events such as ice hockey and other sporty things, concerts, the Eurovison Song Contest, TV shows, fairs, charity events, shows on ice and such. Both Nelson Mandela and Dalai Lama have also held speeches at the Globe.

This golf ball shaped globe is the largest hemispherical building in the world and it was completed in 1989. Not exactly an aesthetically looking building, it still kind of grows on you and after nearly 20 years since it's inauguration it is a well known sight of the Stockholm city skyline.

Tonight it hosts the finale of Swedish Idol. A TV-series I admit I was glued to the TV watching the two first seasons of, lots of talents and in the end both winners were my favourites from the start with brilliant voices. Sadly I don't think neither of them have shown their talents at their best afterwards.

The contestants in seasons 3 and 4 were uninteresting hence I was far from glued to the TV for the series. This year however, I did stumble into the auditions episodes and thought both the contestants as well as the jury showed so much more talent as well as congeniality than previous years. And then there was one voice I was in complete awe of from the start, sadly and inconceivably enough - though I'm no embarrassingly silly screaming fourteen year old who have no idea what pure talent and an amazing voice is, so what do I know... - voted out some weeks ago. I will still, of course, buy her first record, I hope it'll include Release Me...

But I do think both of tonight's finalists are very talented, each in their own way and whoever wins deserve it - Kevin Borg or Alice Svensson.

Winner season 1 - Daniel Lindström
Winner season 2 - Agnes Carlsson

2 comments:

stromsjo said...

This one works well in mono.

Pia K said...

Thanks, Per, although the contrasts from white to dark makes it a tricky one to capture well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...