Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Best Cold Food

IMG_0206

This is as far as I'm concerned the ultimate food remedy when you have a cold - vegetables in hot green curry. Add a fair amount of sambal oelek and there it is, the thing that will chase any nasty bugs away. At least it feels that way. When I have this while suffering from colds and sore throats I always think that when I feel better I must remember to recreate it myself. So far never have. Which is ridiculous since it's so easy and so wonderful in all its green spiciness. When I can't have this - a k a when there isn't someone very nice that brings it home to poor ill me - I settle for spicy food in garlic shape, in general.

As for the beverage part when in cold out of the running - or in my case the walking - it's all about apple juice, the whole apple juice and nothing but the apple juice. Can't stand my tea with milk - since milk makes for, beware of graphic images forming inside your head, horrible mucus formation... - I loath hot beverages with honey - something my parents thought the world of when it came to fight my childhood colds... - and plain water, as much as I love it when my regular self, it's plan nasty with a sore throat. And for some odd reason, apple juice is all my body screams for at cold times like this.

Any other personal cold remedies out there, feel free to share, I'm all snivelly, coughing curious...

2 comments:

stromsjo said...

This does look yummy. Take care!

Pia K said...

Thanks, Per, I'll do my best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...