Monday, September 01, 2008

The Edinburgh Blend

IMG_3880

Today I've once again had the great honour of being guest blogger at stockholm by pixels and their contribution to the Daily Photo Theme Day. Theme of the day being Sister City, and since Stockholm has no official twin city, but consider all capitals, especially those in northern Europe, to be twin cities I immediately knew I had to go either Edinburgh, Scotland or Copenhagen, Denmark. Two capitals in the northern part of Europe with which I do have semi-secret love affairs of the very serious kind. Sorry, Stockholm, but even if variety is the spice of life, you're still the love of mine.

Since daily photo means just one bitsie-witsie picture, and Edinburgh has so. Much. More. To offer, than that one glimpse, I thought I'd make the most of this day and do one of the things I like best, let the pictures do the talking rather than words and show a whole lot of glimpses of one grand, lovable, amazing city in one blog post. So here are a few more photos, a few more peeps from Edinburgh, taken this last summer on our latest visit there - Forth Railway Bridge has its own post already and More can be seen, as usual, at Flickr, in my Scotland set - enjoy ~

IMG_3909
IMG_4009
IMG_3926
IMG_3978
IMG_4013
IMG_3989
IMG_3956
IMG_3930
IMG_3964
IMG_3948
IMG_4027

2 comments:

stromsjo said...

Great photo odyssey again. I particularly like the narrow view from Fleshmarket Close although I can't imagine what a vegetarian correspondent would be doing there? ;)

Pia K said...

Thanks, Per. Well, I'm not only a vegetarian I'm a keen reader of books too, and this close of Fleshmarket is actually the name of a book by Ian Rankin - who writes briliantly about Edinburgh in his crime novels, where you get to see the not so nice downsides of city life... - so of course I had to snap a picture of it! Otherwise I would have kept my vegetarian self far far away from there...;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...