Saturday, October 13, 2007

Miscellaneous Week

And now follows, a very condensed version of my week, so far;

* It's been quite a beautiful week in Stockholm, lots of sun, yes quite windy and sometimes just too chilly, for my personal liking, I want to experience some more Indian summer days still - and then the next day it's all +10 degrees and mild weather again. One really doesn't know what to think - or wear for that matter.

tulpaner 013

* Which brings me to the fact that I've found, and bought, a couple of niceties to wear during the week. I'm so very pleased with these things that will most definitely brighten up any gloomy weatherday - and keep one warm if needed. And possibly even make one sing in the rain...
tulpaner 039

* ... and singing in the rain was something I felt really much inclined to do after - and perhaps slightly before... - having seen the musical the other day. Ok, for sure there's only one Gene Kelly, but oh my were they great, the Swedish performers! Some stunning dance numbers, as well as the singing, and humour and they'd captured that wonderful playfulness of the movie so well. Not to mention the decor and the massive rainfall, on stage and on some of the audiance - we were safely, and excellently, seated in row five. Most of the actors were unknown to me, but they were real gems. Since I actually, in this case, very much kind of managed to look passed the theatrical part of a stage production... Yes, I so enjoyed the show - and as I've said before, I'm both finicky as well as not a fan of musicals in general... - and I highly recommend it! A sure moodlifter!

kamelia 010

* Another moodlifter - and possibly a skin-deep appearance enhancer - was the facial I had the other day. Thought it was well due after a long, sunny summer, and lovely it was indeed. Though I'd really appreciate it if the beautytherapist didn't so desperately try to coax one into buying all the "miracle products" afterwards. I've tried *a few* over the years, I'm not all that impressed, they really cost too much for what they give and I'm pleased with most of the products I used right now, thank you very much.

tulpaner ulriksdal 038

* ...and those products I stocked up on, in a small way, afterwards instead. And don't you just love it when the shopkeeper wonders why she haven't seen you for so long and remembers what you talked about nearly six months before... Talk about that extra little touch customer-relationswise...

That was the fun highlights of the week not mentioned before - the not so fun lowlights are a whole different story to write blog about...

tulpaner 025

2 comments:

Snoskred said...

These photos are stunning!

Cheers,
Snoskred
www.snoskred.org

Pia K said...

Thanks, Snoskred! Or Snöskred as we say in Sweden...;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...