Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Go Green

Late autumn has definitely arrived at this latitude now, the mornings and evenings are quite chilly, and it's even rumours about this season's first snow tomorrow... A little bit too early for my liking... But what I quite enjoy about this chilliness is the fact that it's quite alright, more than alright, a must, to finally begin rummaging through the boxes, bags and wardrobes for all those cosy, comfy, delightful shawls, scarves, mittens and caps.

And even beginning making new ones - which I kind of need just as much as a hole in my head... - oh yes, autumn and winter are just great for curling up in the sofa, watch a good movie and knitting or crocheting away, trying new patterns, new yarns, new ideas.

I haven't actually begun wearing any woolly items just yet, but the other day I happened to kind of by accident try a rather cute cap, which somehow matched the flowery cotton mittens I had my eyes set on at Gudrun Sjödén. Since I thought cotton mittens were a bit more appropriate still, before it got really freezing cold. And these flowery ones were both comfy and very sweet, plus a colourful moodlifter. I had no intention of getting a new cap, but since it just happen to hang there I could at least try it on just for fun - and it turned out to be quite nice...

I just couldn't bear separate the set, so it came home with me, in fact they were worn immediately and turned out to be perfect for the weather at hand. Quite pleased am I. This beautiful evening it turned out to be slightly more freezing that usual, and more clothes and woolly accessories wouldn't have been in the way. At all. So right now I'm contemplating either a hot bath - which my boiler usually doesn't agree with - or curling up in the sofa, under a woolly blanket and perhaps a few plush cats. And tea in my princess mug. Possibly St Petersburg.

Before I got home all freezing - which is something I can't remember doing a lot when younger, is it a case of less than excellent blood circulation or is it just a fact of getting grouchy and soft with age, I wonder... - I had the opportunity to walk home through some beautiful, autumnal streets of a fair city, and here are some samples of what I enjoyed seeing...

071010 033
071010 036
071010 037
071010 040
071010 061
071010 063

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Lovely photos again, Pia. Thank you.
We've been in full blown autumn for sometime now. There's snow on the hills and it's been frosty some mornings. I'm loving it!

Pia K said...

Thanks, Wendy. Oh autumn in Scotland, that sounds absolutely fantastic...*sigh*...

stromsjo said...

The last photo of this post is a treasure, Pia. Really great.

Pia K said...

Thanks, Per:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...