Monday, October 15, 2007

Chocolate Try Outs

071013 018

There, now I, we, have sampled and tried, tasted and dismissed the chocolate creams bought the other day. My verdict is far from impressed. I couldn't remember the filling in half of them, it was just too crowded to write them all down at the festival and it sure wasn't obvious from the taste what was in them unfortunately. Out of 11 creams I only found two quite nice and one absolutely amazing - an the latter wasn't bought from the same vendor...

The yummy flavours were mandarin and strawberry, an interesting flavour was rosewater, and the more or less repulsive ones - saved for someone less picky... - were red chili and green chili, some kind of liqueur, buttery peach fudge, buttery blueberry and dishwasher tasting lime...

061114 003

The creams I got last year, since I couldn't attend, from the same vendor as above, Pralinhuset, was just so much better than this year. Green tea, cardamom, blueberry, ginger-basil, gingerbread, lots of flavour and without any foul tangs like this year.

If I was thoroughly disappointed in these creams above, I was anything but in the one below. I bought the Florentines for my nut crazy mother, but I got one myself and it was absolutely heavenly, the crunchy Tosca almonds on top, smooth milk chocolate and gooey, not too sweet fudge inside. Now I only have to figure out the name of the vendor I got them from...

071013 014

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...