Thursday, September 27, 2007

Itty Bitty Pretty Ones

It hasn't exactly been an all happy, carefree little family, the latest addition to the Luddkolt's breeding. Mummy Tyra hasn't been her usual self, which probably had something to do with a late placenta, but with a lot of TLC, and perhaps the medication plays a part, I think we're back on the right track. Touch wood.

The wee ones have been remarkably content during these days of worry - I haven't, I'm the fussy kind... - and now they're gaining weight as they should again. The little black-born-12-hours-later-than-the-rest-one is still smaller, but spunky. The colourpoint one is a real squeaker, it's absolutely incredible how much sound, noise, can come out of such a tiny creature!

One of the red twins really doesn't like me, he has been hissing at me ever since he became a dry, fluffy mini kitten. How strange, despite all that kissing och fondling he still hisses, such an ungrateful little twerp. And for that I think I have the perfect name for him. Redhead, fighting for independence and against sovereignity from outsiders, the name beginning with a W... Anyone wanting to have a guess?

Yes, careful gender research have now showed that all five are *probably* boys, despite of what I wrote earlier. And no, despite of what evil tongues might say, I'm not all-that-usually-wrong when it comes to determining the gender of kittens. Actually. Just because it has happened once or twice, and I'm in distinguished company, doesn't mean it's an exception to the rule that I get it right. Really. But just in case, there might just possibly perhaps be a state of gender confusion here, I'll ponder a bit more about the benaming of these itty-bitty pretty ones.

070926 001

2 comments:

Poppy Q said...

Look at all those lovely kitty babies. They are fantastic colours Pia.

Poppy Q

Pia K said...

Thanks, Poppy Q!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...