Monday, August 20, 2007

What's in a Picture

When I took the picture of this delicious looking flower the other day I felt a bit of a connection there. Me and this flower. Female skirt wearer, with a flair for nature's materials, colours and details, sort of non graspable but still with the roots unfalteringly connected in terra firma.
070817 072
But when I peruse it carefully the notion and vision of an elderly daffy damsel with wispy long hair, dancing in her torn silk nightgown in an overgrown garden lamenting the long lost lover who died in the first world war comes to mind. The very thought makes me shudder.

So no, this isn't the flora equivalence for me. But still, no matter what, it's a delicate piece of nature's beauty.

2 comments:

stromsjo said...

A delicate piece it is and may I point out that while we’re contemplating philosophical aspects this bumblebee is busy doing bumblebee:ish things. Someone’s got to work! :)

Pia K said...

Right you are, but even if philosophizing might be consider a luxuary to some I consider it to be an elixir of life. Even if I actually do bumblebeeish things on a somewhat regular basis too...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...