Thursday, August 30, 2007

Three Things on My Mind

If you happen to be interested in viewing private as well as public photos of Astrid Lindgren, her life and deeds - and perhaps learning a bit more about the woman who managed to capture and bring joy to millions of people, children all over the world with her inspired children's books -, this is the very last week for the exhibition at Kulturhuset. September 2nd being the last day.

In my world such a wordly deed is something to be really proud of as a Swede - so very far from some completely inconceivable misguided hoity-toity national swirl when someone has managed to score a ball in a net between two wooden sticks...

And if you, like me, find cartoonist Jan Stenmark's works immensely entertaining, there's an exhibition with samples from his collages at Kulturhuset too, more than well worth seeing. I burst out in laughter the minute I came up the escalator. Not everyone's humour for sure - and that was really evident from the visitors... - but this kind of artful, odd wittiness is really very much my kind of thing. The exhibition is on until Nov 4th, so whenever I'm in town and in need of a moodlifter I'll be sure to take the escalator up to the fourth floor.

And now I just want to welcome the sixtieth country that showed up on my NeoCounter - it's only been installed since some months back, so it sort of bugs me that I didn't discover that widget earlier... Who knows what strange and exciting visitors/countries curious me might have missed... - yesterday. So welcome, first (?) visitor from Pakistan!

070721 127

7 comments:

Wendy said...

I went to the Astrid Lindgren exhibit earlier in the summer. It was really wonderful!

stromsjo said...

I find it hard to embrace the architecture of Kulturhuset. And still there's a lot of interesting stuff going on inside most of the time. Sort of a permanent mixed feeling as far as I'm concerned.

Pia K said...

I totally agree, Wendy, I love the unpretentious and personal way it was displayed.

I think the whole Sergels torg area is quite...um, *awful* - and I still find it rather fascinating that most parts of Kulturhuset once was the home of the parliament... - but they have interesting exhibitions, writer's evenings, plays etc now and then that are so worth attending. But yes I do agree, the architecture leaves a lot of room for vast improvement...

Anne said...

Oh, I love Jan Stenmark! Let's go next time we meet up for fika :)

Pia K said...

That's a date, Anne!:)

Anonymous said...

Tack för J Stenmark-tips, suverän. Impad av din produktion och din engelska. Cartman

Pia K said...

Tack, Cartman, kul att du tittade förbi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...