Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Swedish cake (recipe)

070522 008
... or the Yellow and blue lemoncake I wrote about yesterday, turned out really well. And it made such a pretty picture I think, even though I missed a bit when sprinkling the greased cake tin with breadcrumbs instead of the blue poppyseeds. Don't think there'd been a major difference though, with the icing sugar on top. I also skipped the candied orange peel, can't stand that stuff.

Here's the recipe, for the easy peasy thing:

175 g butter, the liquid kind is fine
3 dl sugar (you could probably use less, I think it's a bit too sweet...)
2 eggs
1 lemon, peel and juice
3/4 dl blue poppy seeds and about 1,5 dl for sprinkling the cake tin
2 dl flour

Grease a cake tin, about 23 cm in diameter. Sprinkle it with poppyseeds - even if I think any breadcrumbs will do just fine...

Melt the butter and let it cool, or use that useful already liquid mix of butter/oil and skip the melting bit. I did, and almost always do when it comes to baking.

Then stir in the sugar, eggs, lemon peel and juice, poppy seeds and the flour.

Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for about 35 minutes in 180 C.

Let it cool somewhat, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream. Enjoy!
070522 005

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...