Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A musical quartet

Today I got a much welcomed package in my mailbox - not that I'm too happy about the fact that the stupid mailman decided to leave the-larger-than-the-mailbox-package halfway out of the box instead of taking it with him/her and leaving me with a dispatch note... Anyone with not much of a conscience could have helped themself to some new music... But I guess I live in a nice enough neighbourhood.

So, what was it in the package then? Well, this time around it was a musical addition, four of a kind. It's been ages since I last bought a CD, and I think little Red one needs to be charged with some new stuff too.

  • Swedish Anna Ternheim: Separation road - so far I must say I liked her previous record much better... But I adore her broken, frail, sort of Swenglish singing voice!
  • Sarah McLachlan: Wintersong - beautiful singing as always, but it seems a bit misplaced this time of year... And I really would have liked it to have been originally McLachlan-songs instead of versions...
  • Norah Jones: not too late - haven't had the time to listen to this yet, will probably be most enjoyable as usual...
  • Bryan Ferry: Dylanesque - I still can't really get over the fact that I didn't get tickets in time to his concert in some weeks... And it wasn't even my fault... So I guess I'll just have to do with Bryan playing only for me in little Red or when I scribble away on the computer. And yes, actually, many, if not most, musical experiences are much better when experienced in solitude... I'm frantically trying to convince myself this is such a time... The record, well far from his best work. But hey, Bryan Ferry is never ever wrong...

fjäderholmarna 055

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...