Sunday, March 11, 2007

Smooth operator - Kusmi tea

Following a tip I got at Matlust iFokus (Swedish food-community, siblings with "my" Katter iFokus) about a special, luxuary tea called Kusmi. Originally from Russia in the 1800es and now the company is based in London.

At that particular time the Kusmi tea company didn't have a website and as far as I could find the nearest place to pick up one of those lovely tins of tea was in Copenhagen.

But now, at last, the tea can be found at some retailers in Sweden too. Conveniently enough one is situated near my friend Anne. And then I actually got a tin of Bouquet Flowers no 108 from her the other day *thank you so much*

She herself said the hype was a bit of "the emperor's new clothes" - but I'm happy to announce it's actually one of the best teas I've ever tasted! A very dark green verging on black tea with natural essences of bergamot, citrus and flowers, very mild and smooth in taste.

Of course I drink it with milk and the taste layerings are unbelievably good. I actually brew it for 5-6 minutes and it seems to be the perfect time for the flavours to evolve and yet not a hint of tannin. Amazing!

Not an everyday- and morning tea I suppose, since it has to brewed and enjoyed with devotion, but most certainly the perfect gift for a tea-lover! It doesn't hurt that it comes in those cutes tin-boxes either.

Find your own favourite at the Kusmi tea website

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...