Friday, March 16, 2007

Hemma hos Julia

Hemma hos Julia (translates Home at Julia's) is a cafe/cheese-making factory in Stockholm. The story about Julia began at home (where else?) in Julia's bathtub, where the couple behind the cafe/factory began making cheese.

The café itself opened back in 1996. A cosy and friendly place with divine cheesecakes, great bread, sallads and lighter food. One of my favourite cafés back then. With the favorite cheesecake being blueberry. The place being almost always crowded. You could even buy the cheese in selected supermarkets. They had their own cookbook for sale.

But after some years something happened, I'm not exactly sure what or even when, the cheese was still great but the bread was stale, the food uninspired, the crowd was anywhere but at Julia's. Such a pity!

I don't visit Julia often anymore, now and then I pop in and hope for the food to be back in shape, like in the good ol' days... Yesterday I was in the neighbourhood, somewhat, and met up with Anne (who'd never been there before *surprise*) to go and see Julia.

070314 010

Still a nice place, though anything but crowded during the lunch-hours. Quite a lot of interesting dishes to choose from. I opted for spinach lasagne. Way to salty for me. And quite a bit of that microwave-feeling about it.

070314 012

But yes, yes, yes, the Dajm cheesecake was as good as ever - and someone whispered in my ear that the blueberry one very tasty too - I deserved a nice dessert with my latte! A pity though, that the exposure of food in the counter was somewhat shabby and uninspired. One hot tip there - please keep plastic sheeting as far away from the food as possible!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...