Sunday, December 10, 2006

Saffron, my saffron

I'm exhausted from a not very good night's sleep and running around town, not looking for Christmas gifts but running errands. For this and that. I had plans for baking my saffron buns, those typical Swedish yummy buns that's common in December called Lussekatter, today. But I'm just too tired.

I did make these fantastic, and easy to make, saffron crusts the other day though. Which I'm going to feast on in just some minutes now. And the recipe for them I'll add here tomorrow, since I'm too tired for writing that down also...

Anyway, in my opinion saffron is a fantastic spice, both in colour and in taste. Too much is toxic, but just the right amount is so very nice in different kind of dishes and bread. What a versatile little, yellow friend! Alas, unfortunately a friendship that comes with a very high price-tag...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...