Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A woman of mental substance

I'm so very satisfied with my buys of today, mid November! Mood-lifting on a day when the rain and wind played oh so happily together and the mood couldn't be anything other than grey and low. At least to begin with.

A meeting with the career coach in the morning - guess what, as of today I somehow suffer from a great fear of bosses. A problem that I probably should "work on". Agh, shouldn't think so, an incompetent boss is always an incompetent boss. Idiots will be idiots, a pity they happen to be in the position of being boss now and then!

But apart from that remark - nominated to the stupidest remark of the day perhaps... - I think it was once again a positive and fun meeting. Now I have about two weeks to work with some tasks before we'll meet again. More about that later...

Now to the simpler things, but oh so fun, things in life, shopping really nice, totally necessary items! Ill-willed people would put an un- in front of that word, little do they know...

The picture doesn't show the things I came home with today, but the things that absolutely screamed in a very demanding way to come home with me last Saturday. And them being:

My search for a red jacket/coat this winter seems to be totally futile. So in order to still keep the economic wheels of Stockholm, Sweden rolling I really had to find a sort of option... Of some sort. Which happened to be a lovely, beautiful jacket in medium blue winter velvet, at one of my favourite boutiques, Noa Noa (Danish fashion rules!).

And then a nice "little" bottle of awardwinning ultrarich shampoo, shower gel & bubblebath Melon Daiquiri from Philosophy *mmmm*

And for the really basic things in life one (being me) might head to a high street store like Lindex and pick up some washingbags (which always seem to tear while washing), a pair of grey leggings (or longjohns like Lindex like to call them. Where's the sence of fashion there?) plus a really nice pair of dark brown and patterned over knee long socks (for a day when I really feel like wearing a skirt without jeans again...).

So now, we have come up to date with today's shopping. Since I somehow to my great surprise seem to have some money left over this month I thought I might as well treat myself. A bit. Big department store Åhléns has 20% off any one chosen item this week for members only.

An opportunity which o b v i o u s l y can't be missed - so hey, home with me came yet another Odd Molly cardigan, this time a supercute grey lambswool bow jacket. And a red cotton-vest on sale.

Åhléns nowadays also sell Origins great beauty-without-cruelty products, that range of cocoa products, and lavender-vanilla, ginger, a perfect world, mmm, just too much to chose from all those must-haves. I'll be back...

After having a nice lunch at Texas smoke house (the only thing I can eat there is the veggie burger with portobellu mushroom and it's soo tasty!) we headed down to Noa Noa once again, where I got a really cute, short-sleeved brown chiffon blouse plus a sort of lavender coloured cotton vest to go with that.

On the way back a grande latte at my favourite place for good coffee in Stockholm, Coffee Cup. For the train-ride back home I really think I deserved a good magazine, Damernas värld once again. Unfortunately such an investment more often than seldom makes me all starry eyed an eager to shop again...

But since I am a woman of mental substance and integrity of course I won't fall for such cheap tricks! My must-have-buys for this season is over and done with! Yes indeed. Over and out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...