Tuesday, August 29, 2006

In the middle of the night

When it's sort of in the middle of the night and you can't sleep, what can be better than writing?

These past six months I've more and more come to realize - well it didn't come as a surprise I guess, since I've always been a night-owl - that I'm really creative and full of ideas in the middle of the night.

So lots of unique jewellery have seen "the night-light" then and also many ideas and thoughts of mine have been put to "paper", either in my Swedish blog, as Internet-articles or just in my computer. For my eyes only.

Fun, fun, fun, to find ones very own written language and also therapeutic in a way I hadn't thought of before.

And when I don't write these things, I read, read and read some more and I've found new favourite books and authors these past months. Full of wit, stories with a personal twist, litterature is such a big part of my life - even bigger than I realized before. I really feel I can't get enough of the words, I starve for them, I long for them. Each syllable, each letter so dear to me. In ones native language (in my case Swedish) it's such an adventure to use the words in a personal way, twist them in a new direction, give them a new meaning, an ambiguous implication wide open for interpretation.

I've also been listening to a lot of old, a lot of new music and re-discovered artists and their fantastic lyrics, both Swedish and English and yes, sometimes even Spanish. It's amazing and simply wonderful how many different emotions a few lines of letters in a song can bring to the surface of the listener's mind!

And, of course, another creative part of me that has sort of blossomed again is photography. Others and my own I suppose. Nature and life is in many parts fantastic and stir the imagination. Some days more than others. Some nights even more.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...