Friday, October 07, 2005

Sturekatten & other cats


I finally got to meet my friend Anne the other day, and we headed to the old classic café Sturekatten (Riddargatan 4, Östermalm, Stockholm).

The place has been a favourite of mine since my high school days. The establishment is situated in two floors, with many small rooms on each floor. Each room filled with old furniture and paintings like an old granny's home. In order to get there you have to climb some steep staircases from the street.

So when you order your lovely tea and cakes or whatever you feel like, you think you've really earned that burning some calories on the way up anyway. You keep filling your teacup over and over again, chatting away and perhaps feeling like something more to eat after a while. They do serve baked potatoes and grilled sandwiches etc too.

This time I took the applepie with custard and it was as usual lovely. Accompanied by several cups of tea as it should be. We had a nice time chatting away and she actually left quite happy with one of my one-of-a-kind necklaces/bracelets, a sort of misty pink-grey number with Brazilian agate flowers, rosequartz and rodonite. One of my personal favourites I might add.

Ending with something cat-ish too, in a couple of weeks I hope to have such little darlings in my household once again, can't hardly wait!

More on Café Sturekatten here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...