Monday, October 17, 2005

Chaikhana teahouse

Following an interesting recommendation at the website Matlust iFokus, I visited the Chaikhana teahouse for the first time today. The teahouse opened in 2004 and is situated in Gamla Sta'n (Old Town) in Stockholm. The café has a very calming atmosphere, the interior decoration clean and with no frills. The menu isn't very extensive, but nevertheless very mouthwatering.

My friend and I decided to share some things, one being the English Afternoon tea menu (140-170 SEK depending of the type of tea) which included a pot of tea, 3 miniature sandwiches, 2 scones with jam and whipped cream and a cake from the cake-trolley. The other being a Florentina warm toast with smoked salmon and spinach plus another pot of tea.

Everything was just so lovely (and English-like!), the salmon-spinach toast delicios, the cream tea scones yummy in my tummy (although I would have preferred strawberry jam instead of the orange we got) and the cake just wonderful; a raspberry and white chocolate mousse cheesecake with a lovely, creamy texture and just perfectly sweetened to match the crispy raspberry flavour.

And the tea tasted fantastic (with milk of course!), one pot of an orange pekoe and the other with flavoured vanilla tea.

The teahouse also, of course, sell lots and lots of teas in an extensive price-range. I bought a, for me, new sort of strong tea that I'll taste this evening. And I'm already looking forward to my next visit to Chaikhana teahouse - then I'll try a pot of the luxurious white tea, that costs up to 350 SEK per hectogram...

Their website with a great design you'll find att www.chaikhana.se

The photo show a newly trimmed, super-intelligent (?) Norfolk terrier - my 2 year old Malte who can't wait for me to get down to the important things in life i e to play with him...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...