Wednesday, January 27, 2016

one tooth to go


My dentist saga was to continue next week, but yesterday I was offered a cancellation-time for today. And since the upper jaw tooth with its deep cavity was quite a nuisance I thought it was a good idea to get it done as soon as possible. 

Now it's done. And it was not a nice hour spent upside down in that dentist chair. In fact I haven't felt as dissy and nauseous after a dental appointment as I did today. I think it must have been a reaction to the anaesthesia, I rarely use any kind of medication so my system was probably a bit in shock. Plus the upside-down position (really, when did dentists begin with that awful practice?) and the unexpected pain. 

Yes, the pain. Because even if we hopefully managed (finger crossed!) to get to the cavity before it reached the dental pulp there was sharp shots of pain during the end of the procedure. I'm so glad it's over and I just truly, madly, deeply hope the tooth will be fine now, with no root canal in sight, please.

In a couple of weeks we'll take on the lower jaw tooth and hopefully it will work to create a new tooth instead of having to remove it or root filled. Even if it doesn't bother me painwise it is a nuisance to have a crumbled, old tooth that doesn't work properly from a chewing point of view.

Ah well, after the dental trials and tribulations it's at least good to know that there's a decent cafe for lunch and treats nearby. Today we enjoyed a heart mushroom soup and a delightful bobbaloo sized semla. Just what a dizzy head and a poor tooth needed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...