Wednesday, February 11, 2015

fly agaric mittens in progress

knitting in progress

Behold another one of my current knitting by rota projects - Tomtebovantar (inspired by the Swedish fairytale writer Elsa Beskow) designed by knitting blogger Tant Kofta. Or as I like to call them, fly agaric mittens.

knitting in progress

The pattern is a totally new way of knitting for me and it's fascinating to see the mittens grow. As I write this one mitten is already finished (apart from the thumb, I will save that for last and make them both at the same time).

knitting in progress

This pair is a Christmas gift for my mum, which is a good thing since personally I find the mittens to small. It may be the knitting technique, perhaps I knit too hard or perhaps the one size for all is simply a small one. If I decide to make a pair for myself I will certainly change either yarn or needles.

knitting in progress

As far as paw inspecting goes, they have been inspected but found uninteresting. Funny how that is. Or maybe it was the fly agaric style that didn't work for the feline taste.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...