Thursday, June 12, 2014

so close yet so far away

so close yet so far away

My mind works in pictures (easily transformed into words, I'm grateful to add) and my associative ability isn't half bad. So when I captured the hedgehog cat meeting yesterday it reminded me so much of this old picture. The two plump babies meet.

Baby to the left is me, baby to the right is a neighbour boy. My grandmother was friends with his grandmother, but I don't think we ever played actually, not even when we got older. We probably didn't have that much in common, besides a piece of lawn on opposite sides of a fence. So close, yet so far away. But at least we got that special moment immortalised. And it makes me smile.

Just look at those faces. Their expressions. From hedgehog to cat to two plump babies. With associative abilities everything is possible. The imagination is your oyster.

hedgehog 2014

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...