Monday, April 07, 2014

a bowl of guacamole

guacamole

I pretty much never eat tacos and I rarely eat guacamole, but I really enjoy it when I do. And I'm thinking I should eat it much more often after last night's simple but oh so tasty dinner consisting of a bowl of guacamole, a few tortilla breads and some corn crisps. The guacamole was heavenly. This is how it was made.

guacamole

Awesome guacamole
2-3 servings

4 avocados
1 large red onion
1 large tomato
lemon juice
salt and black pepper

Chop the onion. Peel the avocado, remove the kernel. Slice the tomato, remove the seeds, chop the tomato. Blend everything together in a food processor (chunky or smooth is up to you, I prefer my guacamole somewhere in between). Add lemon juice, salt and pepper after taste.


Enjoy!

guacamole

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Yum. And without the coriander leaves that so many people add to this ditch (and ruin it in my opinion).

Marie said...

I've never thought to add tomato to guacamole. I generally use avocado, red onion, lime juice, garlic and pepper. I sometimes sprinkle it with roasted cumin seeds to serve.

I enjoy simple dinners like this. There are lots of lovely tasty and healthy dips one can make (especially from Greece and the Middle East) and ideal to eat with warmed pita bread. I could live on food like this in summer. And warm, hearty soups in winter.

Unknown said...

Always good, for a change!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...