Friday, February 14, 2014

a mess of necklaces

necklace mess

A couple of years ago I thrifted a (white) bureau with the intention of repainting and upcycling. In the end I went with changing the 10 knobs into pretty porcelain ones only, since the bureau was in good condition and white is such an easy-goes-with-everything colour.

In this bureau I decided to keep my jewellery, accessories and hair thingies for easy storage and reach. Easy storage yes, but to be honest I've ended up using less and less jewellery because - just as in life in general - "if it isn't visible it doesn't exist".

Today however I rememembered an old necklace I hadn't used for ages and decided to rummage through the bureau for it. Which to my surprise was easier said than done. I know I put all those necklaces down in the drawer very carefully so it wouldn't get tangled, but today it was just a big mess when I tried to liberate this one necklace.

Clearly there's (at least) one mischiveous house elf in this household. And no I don't mean the fourlegged, furry herd.

juice du jour <3

I managed to detangle the necklace mess and get my heart out. All was in the end well. And it got even better when the juice was juiced of course. Cheers!

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

It is earrings which (used) to tangle in this house. And now they hang on the wall (several hundred of them) and can be found.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...