Thursday, December 26, 2013

seaweed caviar

veet and seaweed caviar

a new acquaintance for me, seaweed caviar. flavoured with wasabi (hot!) and certainly perky to look at, but i'm not terribly excited about the texture. too fisheggish and animal flesh like for me. 

but it's always nice to see examples of how perfectly easy you can substitute food containing flesh for something kinder and healthier.

as is obvious veet was rather excited about the seaweed caviar, he even brought his own cutlery. apparently colour coordinated eating is a big thing amongst bobbaloos.

3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I really don't need my food to mimic the animal flesh I no longer eat. I love the colour of that caviar though.

Unknown said...

The colours certainly brighten up the table!

Shaheen said...

Oh I am intrigued. I like wasabi. I'm going to have a go at making this when I make some vegetable sushi for my husband in the New Year.

Have a Happy New Year Pia, I love you blog and it continues to warm my heart. Sorry I haven't been coming by much, i just haven't been spending so much time in blog land, but I try to visit yours when I can x.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...