Thursday, December 19, 2013

my december stockholm thursday

christmas time stockholm 2013

My Thursday has been lovely, the loveliness created by green winter, good people, hair sprucing, good talks, laughters, good food and beauty.

It also left me feeling strangely melancholy. And if I have to guess I think the melancholia has a lot everything to do with it being the season of countdown to saying farewell to an overall fantastic year, knowing 2014 really must outshine, in certain areas, 2013. Which is both delightful and laborious. Thus putting a strain and demand on both me as well as others. It will be worth it though, I know it will, there are simply no alternatives to that. But still, a melancholy place I'm in at the moment. Which too shall pass.

Some details of my Thursday.

christmas time stockholm 2013

The winter soy latte got a little sweater to keep warm (and my hands from scorching).

christmas time stockholm 2013

The Little Iron Boy got a bobbaloo visit (the three wise bobbaloos if you will).

christmas time stockholm 2013

Had lunch with a view that offered excellent people watching. And it feels great not being a part of the ungraspable Christmas stress and consumerism. Just enjoying the green winter and all the pretty lights at one's own pace.

- Well, finding THE perfect red winter coat would of course be awesome, but no luck so far. I have though spotted a wonderful salmon pink/coral coat in quite the perfect model. Too expensive for now, but I'm thinking the soon to be sales will remedy that. Why it's only sold in a webshop and not in store is strange indeed, but I just might take a chance on that, because really, the quality, model and colour is such a feast for the eyes and if it fits it will be a delight -

christmas time stockholm 2013

christmas time stockholm 2013

I think the Christmas lights decorations in the city and suburbs this year are especially pretty, unusual and tasteful.

christmas time stockholm 2013

I even enjoy certain aspects of department stores' Christmas window displays. These mechanical lynx cats playing are just adorable.

christmas time stockholm 2013

Had another dinner at Wagamama and it was great this time too. The carrot seaweed starter was followed by this vegan pad thai and a big glass of freshly squeezed carrot and ginger juice. To be honest I felt more than a bit tipsy and flushed after the meal (might have something to do with the company and heartfelt laughters too).

The day was rounded of with some hours of stimulating conversation over a second soy latte at one favourite cafe.

And now I know I will not be able to sleep at all tonight, two coffees and a large uplifting vegetable juice can do that to a sensitive being as I. Thus night will be spent working. And I don't mind really. It's been a great day, why not make it a great work night too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...