Wednesday, August 07, 2013

the ineptitude of a jumpsuit

copenhagen summer 2013

yes it's a rather fabulous, quirky and crazy piece, yes the fabric is gorgeous in texture, quality and comfort, but seriously, what ever was i thinking when i got this jumpsuit (a year and a half ago, have not worn since...)? 

yes it was on sale, yes it's marimekko and yes it looks rather nice on. but as i generally know i feel claustrophobic wearing trousers and long dresses i usually see sense before buying. not this time.

thought i'd give it a go in copenhagen as the forecast said heavy rain - no such luck obviously - but even if it had rained i wouldn't have worn it since i suddenly realised using the toilet out and about wearing a jumpsuit would involve heavy acrobatic excercises. i do not want to take all my clothes off just to take a wee. and no i do not want the flaired legs touching the floor of a public toilet. really, a jumpsuit must be one of the least practical garments ever.

maybe one day the perfect opportunity to wear this one will appear, somehow i don't see that happening any time soon though.

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I know I have been seduced by an article of clothing in just that way. Sigh.

Annie said...

I'm not into Marimekko or jumpsuits but I love the garden photos below (been to Copenhagen but never visited the garden). :-)

DahnStarr said...

Thank you! I remember the days when jumpsuits were all the rage and yes I even had one...I was a skinny thing back then. They can look great but who wants to get naked using the bathroom!?! I'm too old for all that now. Sigh...

Poppy Q said...

Yeah, it would have to be a stay at home outfit I think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...