Friday, August 02, 2013

have a lovely kind weekend ~

014

Kindness, such a sadly underrated trait. But also, as anyone with half a brain knows, one of the most wonderful features there is in a being. Kindness towards fellow beings, humans or not.

I recently stumbled over this quote, which gave food for thought - "Make it a practice to judge persons and things in the most favourable light at all times and under all circumstances" (Vincent de Paul)

And even if I'm so much better at not jumping to conclusions - which of course are most often based on my personal experiences, my background, my views and far from always based on the whole picture in a certain case - with people, behaviours and things these days, I (as a human) still do it from time to time. Like a bit with the dog walking thing the other day, possibly not completely adaptable to this idea of kindness but at least a touch.

But not working as a lawyer, not working in a big organization with office intrigues, gossip and miserable people, not reading/listening/watching the news are some things that have helped me to look more kindly upon persons behaviours and things that happen. Although, as a whole, of course I do not trust nor like mankind, no surprise there, but in the smaller scheme of things I do try my best to judge or analyze behaviours favourably, since I'm aware of that in most cases I don't know the circumstances which led to situation X.

This graduation speak is one of the best things I've read recently and it's all about the one thing one regrets in life is failures of kindness. I implore you to read it, it is quite remarkable.


Last weekend was a fabulously innocent one,
this one will be a lovely kind,
in a favourable light of that I'm sure,
happy weekend one and all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...