Saturday, June 29, 2013

pet shop boys in concert

pet shop boys circus sthlm

I've adored Pet Shop Boys ever since I was in my teens and they hit the music scene. Sophisticated tunes, humour, irresistable beats and lyrics to love now and then - one of few artists I grew up with and who are still going strong.

I bow my head in shame when I say that despite following them on Twitter and Facebook - obviously only with half an eye - I didn't know they were coming to Stockholm until a week ago, when a friend (the only one I knew until recently who share my love for PSB) asked me if I wanted to go. I got tickets (and was miffed about the seemingly bad seats, but which turned out to be great seats, go figure) and we had a great evening in the company of Pet Shop Boys tonight.

The iPhone snaps of course don't do the experience justice, but I loved their (as usual) clever ways with lighting and colours. I would have enjoyed it even more if they'd played more of their older tunes and not concentrated on the more... soul-less new ones. And more of the I-can't-resist-dancing-ones. But still, an evening with the fab Boys rarely disappoint as a whole.

pet shop boys circus sthlm

Of course they got bobbaloos thumbs up too.

pet shop boys circus sthlm

pet shop boys circus sthlm

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...