Monday, June 25, 2012

meet viola, the open-toed shoes

015

Time to show and tell a bit about the latest delightful shoes.

Or well, delightful to look at, delightful fit but alas I found that they do lack the usual elastic verve me and my feet are used to with El Naturalista shoes. That special sweet bouncy walk which is a part of the brand's charm and ergonomical features. The sister shoe, the Cork Oak wedge - and I do not like wedges in general, terribly unflattering and difficult to walk gracefully in for most - I adore. They're comfortable for long city walks and have lots of verve.

006

But since I do, granted, prefer a non-wedge sole I was very pleased when I saw that the new for this season almost peep-toes - and I've been longing for a pair since last hot summer - were of a more regular cork oak heel.

I put them through a tough first test, but most El Naturalista shoes have passed such a test with flying colours. Though after walking all day on city streets on Åland I can say that they may be comfortable in the no-blisters-in-sight way but certainly not in the perfect-support-for-the-sole-of-feet-way. They are more like Swedish wooden clogs, the inelastic kind, and gave me that tiresome burning sensation under feet. It wasn't a lasting burning sensation, when I got home and slipped in to the slipper/sandals all was well in the feet-world again. And my feet were fine when I woke up the day after.

010

But for long city walks on tar, I will never wear again. The soles simply offer too little support and elasticity. And I never thought I'd say this; what a difference a wedge make!

I guess I demand a lot from the shoes I buy, perhaps too much, one would usually never wear a pair of high heels in the same way/to the same occasion as wellies or sneakers. But in the case of these violet beauties I expected the same excellenct performance as in the wedge-sister...

014

This particular pair of violet shoes will fill a purpose for shorter walks in the city and possibly longer walks on softer grounds. For festive occasions and little summer outings - quite the opposite to last year's light violet pretty ones, which are suprisingly comfortable to wear for longer city walks, despite their higher heels... - they're adorable to look at - I adore their chunky 1940ies-look! -, love the deep violet colours, and fit really well. Not to mention air the toes. Now I just wish this particular almost peep-toed Cork Oak would come in the more elastic and supportive wedge model too...

016

Have you purchased any new summer shoes yet?
Are you happy with them?

3 comments:

heidikins said...

Ohmygoodness!! So cute!

xox

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Pia, the colour and the makeup of the sandals look great, but I am not fond of thick corky heels, so I am sure they are comfy. I think I would prefer low wedges, as they look nice with slacks, shorts, capris and skirts. I think it would be great to have a few pairs in different colours; greedy me!

Unknown said...

As usual, great looking shoes, love the color. I bought a multi-colored sandal last year that I love, and this year, just a sandal in black, which goes with most of my clothes. It is a good (long lasting) brand and is very comfortable. I wish it was warm enough to get more use out of it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...