Thursday, December 08, 2011

green pea soup

021

A recipe for a very simple, quick to make, perky soup. Myself I'm admittedly not a great fan of green peas, they're just a bit too sweet in flavour for my personal taste of veggies. But that said, if you can look pass that sweet tang that green peas have this is a flavoursome, lovely, moodlifting soup.

I added a dollop of cream in my soup to round it off, soy milk or equivalent would be just as nice I'm sure and make it a vegan soup instead of a vegetarian.

G r e e n   p e a   s o u p
~4 servings

1 yellow or red onion
1 solo garlic
sunflower oil
~ 800 g frozen green peas

1 vegetable stock cube
~ 7 dl hot water (depending on how thick you want your soup)
~ 1,5 dl cream (or soy milk)

white pepper, salt

:: peel and chop onion. peel and press the garlic into a large pot. fry it with the chopped onions in a bit of oil until soft.
:: add the frozen peas, stir and let fry a few minutes. 
:: boil water in the kettle. pour the boiling water into pot. add stock cube. and let the soup simmer for about 15 minutes.

:: pour the soup into a blender and whizz until you have a smooth soup. pour it back into the pot. add the cream/soy milk, let it come to a boil. season with salt and pepper. 

Serve in a pretty bowl and enjoy the creamy, spicy green delight ~

019

3 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

I admit peas are my absolute favourite vegetable (okay, sweet potatoes too), so I'm sure I'd love this soup. Easy to make, I'll have to try it!

pärlbesatt said...

Tack för receptet, ska laga det till min förstfödda nån dag när jag ska fjäska för henne (hon älskar gröna ärtor).

Elephant's Child said...

That is a very pretty soup. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...