Friday, September 30, 2011

proudly presenting - my first book


Well, I know I said yesterday that I wouldn't divulge the project I was so excited about until I had a first copy in my hand (in two weeks time) to evaluate. A first copy of my first book. Because that's just what the project was all about. My. First. Book.

But when I got some nice comments about it and then learnt today that the book was chosen as a Staff Pick I felt both honoured and a need to show and tell already. So here it is. Klick on the picture above to get a preview of the book. Feel free to order a copy or more (yes it's for public sale) - you know you want to say the bobbaloos - feel free to tell friends and family about it, recommend it on Facebook, tweet about it, oh I'm happy and grateful if you actually think it's interesting and fun enough to support in any such way.

These days you apparently don't need a publisher per se, you just make it yourself, upload, print and promote. Blurb did it for me. Now why didn't I look into this before, that it was this easy and fun (not to mention extremely satisfying) who'd known?

Of course it would be fabulastic to be promoted in some magnificent way, at the moment I can't see how that would be possible, but really, right now I just savour the fact that I finally did it, I finally put one book together. Thank you bobbaloos for being such fun and food enthusiastic woollies, without you there would be no such odd, jolly feelgood book as the one above. This first time book-out is a photos-only book, but I have plans, oh many plans for others accompanied by text.

When I get my own copies in a couple of weeks I think the project actually deserves a release-party of some sorts, wouldn't you agree? (With good food and cake, please, add the bobbaloos.)

Such a very pleasant way to round of the month of September I think. Hope it'll bring many many many good things for the October to come!

Have a lovely weekend ~

17 comments:

Erica said...

This book is the first item on my holiday wish list this year. It's wonderful!

pärlbesatt said...

Gud vad roligt, och vad hemlig du varit! :) Jag lyckas bara se framsidan, men försöker igen vid tillfälle. Stort lycka till med den. Kanske min lillkråka borde få ett ex. Hon blir alltid lika till sig när hon råkar titta över min axel om jag läser din blogg. Ska kolla på vad den kostar... :)

heidikins said...

What a fantastic project! Congrats, my dear!

xox

Fuzzy Tales said...

Congratulations! This is very exciting and I'm wishing you much success with it! :-)

Unknown said...

AHHHH! Cuteness overload!!! Blogging! Pinning! Distributing!

Elephant's Child said...

Big, big smiles for you, the bobbaloos and the food. Thanks.

Angella said...

I'm so happy for you!! As I have also fallen madly in love with the bobbaloos, I'm afraid I must secure a copy of your book. I have always loved your pictures, and from the previews, these photos are stellar as always. Congratulations on your project, and great job!!

Felis said...

Congrats! Excellent, excellent, your photos are so gorgeous and yours cook, I'm sure! Good luck!

Felis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Felis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
P.K said...

What a delightful book, congratulations.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your book. The preview pictures are great. (as always) Wishing you success and many more books.

Carol said...

How exciting! Good luck with your first book.

paudecanela said...

this is amazing, what a lovely project! congrats pia! :D

julochka said...

absolutely delightful!! well done you!!! that will definitely cheer a girl right up!

xox,
/julie

Lola Nova said...

So amazing! Congratulations to you and the Bobs! What a great idea, I love it. Many more good things to come I hope!

Shaheen said...

Yay looking forward to your virtual book launch release party!

Congratulations and you said it yourself a 'jolly feel good book'. Hope sincerley its the start of more promising things.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...