Friday, March 25, 2011

happy waffle day ~

011

Today we celebrate Waffle Day (Våffeldagen, våffla = waffle, dag = day) in Sweden. All because of a lingustic slip up, to be grateful for. As it is a rather charming and kind celebration, like Fat Tuesday and Cinnamon Bun Day.

I hope you get waffles warm and served the way you like them, I'm gaving mine with raspberry jam, apple sauce and whipped cream. It will be a delightful way to start the much wished for weekend.

It would have been extra nice if today had been like March 25 was in 2007, alas it's not, as I'm writing this snowflakes are slowly falling...


Happy Waffle Day,
happy weekend!

7 comments:

Sara said...

Love the waffle picture! It looks so tasty I wanna eat it!

cassy said...

yummmmm! I haven't had breakfast yet so my mouth is watering!

http://cassylately.blogspot.com/

heidikins said...

Oooh! I'm totally celebrating this today!! :)

xox

Earlybird said...

Oh my gosh, I want waffles so badly right now. I think that might be a goal for the weekend. Weekend waffles!

Olga Walker said...

Hi there

I loved you post about the waffles and waffle day - we dont have that here in Austrralia, mmmmI think I might try and start a new tradition in our family at least:):):)

regards

Olga from http://revedoa.blogspot.com

supermac said...

I didn't even know that there is such a thing as Waffle Day. This is one fabulous thing about following blogs. You get to read about other people's cultures and learn about it as well. Happy Waffle Day to you.

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to do my own Waffle Day in NY. ;-)

Paz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...