Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Frosty the Snow Man

IMG_2295

Still winter, still snow - or rather deep frost that looks like someone has decided to spray nature into some picture postcard movie set, I find this past week's weather to be very unusual and quite wonderful.

And at least I can dress appropriately, at least I can venture indoors at any time, at least I'm not forced to flaunt my package in frosty public (just the idea makes me shrivel in freezing shame), at least I can sleep in a warm bed at night.

IMG_2286

So despite sensing the way I do about statues in general, I can't help but feeling *slightly* for this poor frosty guy I discovered lurking in the shrubs nearby a *surprise* castle the other day. He looks positively frozen in all his eeriness (yes). Eerie he might be, intriguing and a somewhat unusual piece of sculpture just the same and he has a few fellow frosties lurking in other shrubs on the property. Notwithstanding a dash of sleuthing I haven't been able to find out more about his origin, yet.

IMG_2284

He might live on castle grounds, but I wouldn't change my place for his place for any amount of money available anywhere. Standing there, day in day out, all year round, same posture, presumably without any relief or entertainment seems quite stiffening. And dull. And hopeless. And sad. Poor guy, Frosty the Snow Man.

4 comments:

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Pia, are your sure he wasn't real?
A left pantomime from the winter solstice.

Pia K said...

Oh, that's definitely an alternative, Titania, he is strangely alive looking in all his stiffness...

Terry said...

He needs his hide tanned for not wearing pair of pants!
For sure and no wonder he is frozen solid...the bad boy!...Ha!
Love Terry

Pia K said...

Ha, ha, perhaps you're right about that, Terry:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...