Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Dream Car

IMG_3863

I admit I don't have a driver's licence. In this environmental conscious day and age I am kind of proud of that, and it really isn't necessary when living in a city with a pretty decent public transportation system. And in case of emergency I do know how to drive - just not with an actual licence in my pocket.

Once upon a time I did began taking lessons and yes driving with M as a private tutor - it went pretty well, although I soon found that I was A) very (too) fond of driving *a bit* faster than one should, it just came so naturally and I didn't realise it until I glanced at the speed indicator and B) very fond of racing at the traffic lights, the pleasure I got from leaving those often very less than fast moving objects in the other lane behind with the big L-plate stuck to the back of my car was just too good to be true. Of course now, when I'm older and so much, ahem, wiser I wouldn't yield to such behaviour if I happen to find myself in similar situations...

The reason for not getting at driver's licence back then was that I did break my arm - when bathing a cat, but that's another story - and had to wear a plaster for a couple of months. After that I never really had the urge to continue with the lessons.

But not having a licence to drive doesn't stop me from contemplating what kind of car I would have if I would, could, chose to get one. I've had a few on my top five list over the years - most certainly not a SAAB of any kind since IMHO that must be considered the most... well, let's just call it, unappealing car designs ever made - but ever since I saw and tried the *new* Volkswagen Beetle model when it was first launched I've had my eyes set on calling one of them my own one day.

Because just looking at these adorable, quirky cars makes me feel all fussy and warm inside, brings a smile to my face and makes life seem a dash brighter no matter what circumstances. And my own sweetheart of a car will then be a beetle green one. And it will have a bright pink gerbera in the built in vase. And when I get that car it will be of a very actual environmental friendly model. And it will be at a really reasonable price so I can think that hey, maybe I should get me a summer model too, in colour cream, one which likes to take its top off and let me have one of those delightfully bad hair days without a care in the world.

Yes, a bug it shall be, the day I decide it's prudent to get a licence to drive. Until then, I think it's prudent to dream in green.

IMG_7937

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia, good choice, I love that color too. I especially like your vase with the gerbera! Nice touch!
Frances

Pia K said...

Glad you share my enthusiasm, Frances, I think the vase detail is such a neat thing and the gerbera is a must as far as I'm concerned.

heidikins said...

Ohmygoodness!! How is it possible I missed this post the first time around?! I had no idea!

Love it!

xox

Pia K said...

thanks, heidikins!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...