Monday, December 17, 2007

Recipe: Coconutcake with orange & chocolate

By request, here's the recipe for the coconut cake I wrote about the other day. The recipe is from that favourite vegetarian cookbook of mine - it's only flaw being too much sugar and too much dressing in many recipes, and it's easy to omit ingredients or change the recipes of course, other than that I love it! Oh yes, the name of the book is once again, "Vegetariskt - Mat från Trädgårdscaféet Slottsträdgården Ulriksdal" (Vegetarian - Food from the Castlegarden Café Ulriksdal).

Coconutcake with orange & chocolate

10-12 pieces

150 g butter (I used about 100 g, the liquid kind)
3 eggs
2 dl sugar (1,5 is perfectly fine)
200 g coconut
0,5 dl wheat flour
1 tbs baking powder
50 g dark chocolate (I used milk chocolate, what's available works)
grated orange peel of one orange

Melt the butter and let it cool - or do like me, use the liquid kind and you don't have to bother with the melting/cooling part. Whip the egg and sugar, then add the butter. Mix it with the coconut, flour, baking powder. Finely-chop the chocolate and fold into the mixture along with the grated orange peel.

Pour the mixture into a greased and sprinkled - coconut or breadcrumbs - detachable cake tin. Bake for about 50 minutes at 175C. Enjoy! And it also freezes well.

And now I give you a picture of the Katarina elevator - from the plate with cookies I also wrote about at the same time as this cake - as it looks today. I suppose it has it's charm, but not nearly as much as it once had... Mind you, that was well before my time, I'm sure those *good old days* weren't all that good in other aspects...

071217 002

2 comments:

The Furry Fighter said...

hey - ise found your blog mentioned at Poppy Q's - thought I would spin by. Mmmmm cakes!!! I'm hooked x

Pia K said...

Welcome, little furry cake monster:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...