Monday, December 10, 2007

December 10th

Today was the day of the Nobel Prize Award Ceremony, always on Dec 10th. For reasons inconceivable I wasn't invited to the festivities - although honestly, believe it or not, I don't much care... - so I'm going to have a celebration of my very own instead.

Whilst the height of the party is going on at the City Hall right now, I'm breaking the rule of not reading more than nine books at a time - ok I know, it was once a limit of eight books, but hey, some rules are simply screaming to be broken! - and will put myself to bed with the latest and last Harry Potter book. It being the 10th book on my Currently Reading-list...

And yes I know, if you read it in English you "should have" read it by now, but I'm sharing the series with family members not conversant to the English lingua so I enjoy them in Swedish. And the Swedish translation has just recently been published, and now I finally own a copy myself. I shan't lie and say I find the HP books astonishingly well-written and immensely high quality literature, with all sorts of noteworthy phrases and passages. Since they aren't and have not. However, the lovely inventiveness and fancifulness make up for the lack of well-writteness. So I'm looking forward to some easy and entertaining reading, even though admittedly I already familiar with The End... Strange how non-avoidable that is.

So if you can't party with the nobility on this Nobel day, then beginning to read a 10th book is quite a noble substitute in my world. Actually, I'd go as far as to say it well surpass that kind of partying... Happy Nobel Day!

070821 031

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...