Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaBloPoMo, day 1

Well, since I've been a diligent blogger this past year, hardly ever missed a day of posting I might as well join NaBloPoMo - so this is the very first day of a month of definitely blogging every day. Feels kind of special. So what will I write about, do I have any inspiration at all this first day of November in the year 2007? Continue writing about Amsterdam or about movies? New books - although that terrific book I had hoped to finish some days ago I left behind at the plane, and haven't still gotten back. Looks like I won't either, ok just a paperback, but I had made some notes in it and it bugs me because I had only a few pages left and who'd want to keep it...? - or beauty products? Or cats, or random thoughts or...

I'll keep it light, not set the standard too high - on the other hand it could be nice to challenge myself... I could write something about how I'm quite excited about the fact that I'm finally about to get a new camera - but it's a jungle out there and I get all sorts of ideas as to exactly which one I want all the time.

Well, when it comes down to it, the most important thing when taking pictures is the one behind the camera being able to capture the right moment, the right feeling, the right motif, not the flashiest model with a zillion possible technical functions. I hate to have to get involved in too much technical stuff. I'm pretty sure I won't have the inclination to get all wide-eyed and excited about all the technical subtleties of an überflashy camera... However I do want to improve my skills, within reason, and I do want to be able to take certain pictures, capture certain moments my lovely little camera of the day just doesn't allow me to do. But really, the way that one day will lead me to my new companion - well, not the one in my handbag everyday of course - is really quite tedious...

Which possibly makes me sound uppishly blasé, which I'm not, it's just that I'm sort of genetically incapable to feel the slightest interest in technicalities. Technical information either goes in to one ear and out the other, or in to one eye and out the other. Sometimes it takes a slight break inside my brain, but it rarely decides to enter employment or move in for good. And I've tried to show interest, I've tried to learn, but the basic fascination and inclination just isn't there. At all. So I leave that side of life to others. As I prefer to get all excited, starry, wide-eyed over other things on the path of life - like very tiny, blue eyed kittens for example...

071030 054

4 comments:

Poppy Q said...

Hi Pia,
Just catching up on our reading.
Lovely pictures of Amsterdam.
Awesome boots - i love them all.
Super cute kittens especially in the mm containers.

Have a fantastic weekend.

Poppy Q and mum

Pia K said...

Thanks for kind those words, Poppy Q and mum - and the same to you!

stromsjo said...

The one behind the camera is so important. That's why I don't get myself any expensive equipment since I've got so much left to learn. Somewhat like not buying a Stradivarius at the beginning of your violin career.

Pia K said...

Ah, it won't be a Stradivarius kind of camera for me either, but hopefully something I'm comfortable with and can capture certain moments with I just can't now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...