Sunday, October 07, 2007

WCB # 122 - A Study in Compact Living

071006 013
Wilbur Wilton, colourpoint british shorthair

We're all different beings, who have various needs, enjoy and flourish under quite separate circumstances. And I suppose that's is basically a good thing of course, like some like to live spaciously - and have the opportunity to do so - while others enjoy the more compact living - by their own choosing.

If you can look pass the clutter part of my life and living, I do like wide open spaces both indoors and outdoors, if possible, depending on the circumstances, generally speaking. And since I appreciate that kind of lebensraum, I tend to think most others do the same, including the furry, purry herd.

And they do like a bit of space while lounging, they're not generally very keen on cuddling up with anyone but me, rarely along with another furry one. The exception to this rule of spacious lebensraum does seem to be the two mothers who are just adamant they are to share box and babies. Last weekend I was a bit stressed by the fact that they really didn't play along with my idea of and plans for a happy neighbourhood - now things have more or less settled into a purring happy bliss and a model way of life.

071006 015

To me it still seems *slightly* overcrowded and uncomfortable. The only fly in the ointment as far as the mothers seem concerned are that they both want to be head-mother, not the second best milkbar in the neighbourhood. So whenever one of them does have to run an errand of some sort, the other is really quick with installing herself as the almighty indispensable dispenser of food. When the other one returns she usually gives me a look which is both rueful as well as reproachful, like if saying, you really could have restrained her form taking *my* place, couldn't you? Like I'm some kind of managing boxkeeper, I mean, really...

This weekends WCB is hosted by the beautiful, wellrounded brit boys Kashim & Othello over at Paulchen's Foodblog - come join!

071006 005
Walter Warkworth, one of the mighty redtabby twins...

10 comments:

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Awwwwwwwwwww!!!!! :)

I'd LOVE to be able to see them in person. Heart-melting beauties... Sigh...

Poppy Q said...

Hi Pia,
if you are running out of kitty names let me suggest: POPPY

It is a good name for a kitten, it is easy to call out, and sounds the same in English as in Swedish.

Just a suggestion.

Poppy Q

Chat Gris said...

So cute!
:)

Pia K said...

Thanks, Fénix, yes they are pretty amazing, I agree:)

Ha, ha, I'll be sure to remember that the next time I get around to the letter P in the alphabet, it will most probably not be for about 10-15 years, but I agree Poppy is a lovely name:)

Thanks, chat gris!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Very sweet photos! :) The kittens are adorable. :)

catsynth said...

Thanks for stopping by - great to hear from you and see the kitties :)

Interesting take on use of space, it's an issue we're thinking about a lot here at CatSynth HQ.

take care
-Amar and Luna

sammawow said...

Goodness, those kittens are adorable. And what good mama kitties taking care of the babies.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Far toooooooooo sweet!!! Those babies are real cuties and so is their mother!

Cheers,

Rosa

John D. said...

Miss K,

I do believe you're breaking some International cuteness law. Adorable!

Pia K said...

Thanks for all those kind comments, Dragonheart, Amar and Luna, sammawow, Rosa! And John, that was a good one:)

Um, kittens are probably too cute for their own good sometimes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...