Sunday, October 28, 2007

Streetwise

As you might have noticed, I have been away at a *secret destination* for some days now - and since I'm not an owner of a notebook I'll only give in to my blogging and www-urges if the hotel offers free Internet access. I'll definitely not pay for it, it's not that I really-must-have-to-need-to check emails and blog while on holiday - I mean, I do have a real life...!

But it is kind of neat to be able to do a bit of semi-serious blogging and check emails after having walked and walked and walked street up, street down, day in, day out - and mind you, this is still me with a sore ankle... - and just relax in the lobby for a while. Kind of keeping in touch with reality.

Right now it's a few hours before the plane leaves and the feet, sore ankle and left companion, have most seriously put their feet down demanded no-more-walking. So they're happily resting beneath the table - little do they know that the true test of this trip will be carrying the kind of hefty, heavy, flowery suitcase down the really steep entrance stairs in a while...

I'm slightly nervous about that actually, it's not that I've been shopping all that much, really, apart from being the very happy owner of not one, not even two, but three new winter boots -flippin' fantastic! - things have just become heavier all by themselves during these few days. Actually.

I might be able to just push the suitcase down the stairs, perhaps even riding on it myself, or not, ah this is really almost always the most dreaded moment when on trips. How to get the suitcase - and its content - back home safely. And I have absolutely no idea how it can become heavier without extensive shopping. And those days are all gone as far as I'm concerned, I'm so discerning and wise almost beyond comprehension when it comes to shopping. Especially since I've now reached a very mature and impressive age while away.

If you want to take a wild guess as to where exactly I've been I'll give you a few, selected clues, apart from famous bulbs, the place has the largest numbers of bridges worldwide, lots of bikes and pancakes in various shapes and forms. And far from the most pleasing language...

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, I love Amsterdam! If that's where you are...
Look forward to seeing your pictures if you post them. :)

Pia K said...

Oh no, that was way to quick...;)

Unfortunately the weather has been unbelievably gloomy and boring, so the pictures will probably not turn out to be good ones, unfortunately. But I'm looking forward to downloading them tonight anyway!

Poppy Q said...

Oh how nice to have a weekend away.
Sounds like you are having fun. You will have to show us pictures of your boots!!

Pia K said...

Oh will definitely do that, poppyq! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...