Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sweet September

070930 005
It's only these past few years that I've really, as a grown up, come to appreciate the autumn and what it brings in amazing colours, crisp air, promises of new beginnings, yet without the musts and shoulds of summer. Cosy clothes, loads of cuppas and candlelight - pretty much all the c's one need!

070930 022

When I was a child I did appreciate autumn for being the beginning of a new, exciting school year after a long summer holidays. New books, new lessons, maybe a new subject, new teachers, meet up with old friends, yes then autumn was much appreciated in my world. And of course, the silver lining of any autumnal raincloud, my birthday.

070929 001
The older - but wiser...? - I got, the less I enjoyed autumn. Dark, cold, wet, pretty much completely depressing, birthday or no birthday. Oh how I wanted summer, or at least a decent, freezing, heaps of snow winter! Autumn was just a case of grin and bear. There where actually, I admit, even post-vacation weeping going on from time to time, all because of that awful, horrible, can't stand it autumn. Blind and oblivious to anything other than the overwhelming I-want-to-hibernate-feeling.

070930 013

But then, some years ago, I actually became aware of how very beautiful autumn really is, the season with the most amazing colour scheme, it's something utterly enchanting and bewitching with nature's last effort of creating beauty verge on decay.

070930 029

And how on earth, and sky and stars, could I be so completely blind to the fact that autumn is so very my time of the year, when the little hibernating me inside of me wake up and see the world with new eyes and perhaps a tiny bit of new wisdom, after months of good, renewing sleep? It must be that youthful abandon, and with age comes, if not amazing beauty, at least amazing insightfullness - and the wit to put it into words.

070930 016

So now the time has come to kind of, sort of, perhaps, maybe, possibly, celebrate the fact that summer as we know it - and love it! - has finally reached its end. For this year. Today has been the last day of sweet September, which this year has been a simply glorious month weatherwise. Tomorrow is the first day of October, of my month indeed. And I kind of, sort of, possibly, maybe, hope that it will prove to be just as amazing, seriously giddy and completely wonderful, just as it should be.

Welcome, October -

070930 015

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sigh... I love your photography! Stunning, brilliant and inspiring!

xox

Pia K said...

Oh my, thanks a lot for those more than kind words! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...